Spring is a time of year when many people experience allergies, which can cause a range of uncomfortable symptoms. Here are some tips to reduce allergic reactions this spring:
- Stay Indoors During Peak Pollen Times: Pollen counts are typically highest in the morning and early afternoon, so try to stay indoors during these times if possible. Make sure to keep windows and doors closed.
- Use Air Filters: Air filters can help to trap pollen and other allergens and improve air quality indoors. Consider using a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter in your home. Wearing a specialized mask from our drug store in Connecticut can also help filter pollen when going outside.
- Shower and Change Clothes: After spending time outdoors, take a shower and change clothes to remove pollen and other allergens from your skin and clothing.
- Use Medications: Over-the-counter antihistamines, decongestants, and nasal sprays can help to relieve allergy symptoms. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist to determine which medications are best for you. Should you prefer receiving vaccines to manage your allergy, ask your doctor, as well.
- Avoid Trigger Foods: Some foods can trigger allergic reactions in people with pollen allergies. If you have pollen allergies, consider avoiding foods that are known to be triggers, such as certain fruits and vegetables.
Overall, reducing allergic reactions during the spring season requires a combination of lifestyle modifications and medications. For more allergy management tips this spring, get in touch with HANCOCK PHARMACY VII LLC, your friendly pharmacy in New Haven, Connecticut.
We also offer free delivery in Connecticut.